In this module students must answer: How can you most effectively connect to, inspire, educate and influence others with information? In what medium are you best able to express yourself and what mediums would you like to explore? What are different mechanisms of communication for different goals, and how do you prepare for each (e.g., interviews, op-eds, deposition, testimony, memos).
- Developing a TED talk, data visualization platform or story from your PhD research
- Learning to tell stories and bringing your personal narrative into your science
- What are the basics of a legal deposition?
- Giving effective Congressional or courtroom testimony
- Distilling complex ideas into coherent memos or op-eds