Who We Are
We are a network of higher education professionals engaged in graduate student leadership development.
We are committed to developing a generation of societal change agents capable of drawing on scholarly expertise and leadership capabilities to catalyze collective impact on sustainability challenges.
What We Offer
We are a network providing opportunities for sharing best practices, curriculum development and more.
- Raise the impact of individual programs and the field of graduate leadership development overall
- Improve efficiency in offering leadership development opportunities
- Remove barriers that students, faculty, and staff experience in seeking and offering leadership development opportunities
- Increase the pool and accessibility of resources – including knowledge, funding, and curriculum
- Maintain and grow momentum of individual and collective efforts
- Connect graduate education more fully to needs/expectations outside of the academy
We need scientist-leaders
The representative decline of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish from 1970 to 2014
Career paths for scientists are diversifying
Increased % of STEM doctorates pursuing non-academic careers from 2010-2015
We live in an era of rapid change
Children entering grade school this year will end up working in careers that haven’t even been invented yet